Sunday, March 29, 2009

sitting and hoping and wishing and waiting...

When I was at home last week, Mom & I watched one of my favorite movies..."My Best Friend's Wedding." I just love the opening of the movie where the bridesmaids perform a little song and dance number.
I thought about the lyrics to that song tonight. I was lost in thought, as I often am, and caught myself thinking a few "if onlys." You know..."If only I had..." "If only I were..." "If only it were May..." I realized I was sitting, hoping, wishing, and waiting...for what exactly? For anything, except for what I have at the moment. That my friends, was a sad realization.
Then the gospel song, "Count Your Blessings" came to mind. I have so much to be thankful for. Too many things to mention. So why do I wish for more?
Maybe it is human nature...an inherit drive for success that pushes us to never settle for less than the best. But what if this moment really is the best that our life can get? That, I know, is all in the Lord's hands...But I do have faith that life has wonderful things in store for me...if I can only be patient enough to WAIT and let them happen when they are supposed to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment