Friday, July 3, 2009

Roomies

Donna, Me, & Jamie 2006

Recently, I moved into a new apartment. With this move came the end of an era. You see I lived with two of my best friends for four years. Yes, you heard right, FOUR years. Almost unheard of in the girl world. Our friendship began during freshman year when we all pledged the same sorority and became "baby angels." We all had separate lives that year...I knew Jamie, and Jamie knew Donna...but when we moved into the house sophomore year our friendship took off immediately. Inseparable from day 1. Oh boy did I have fun with those girls. Our sophomore year was one of a kind. Wonderful memories that are bringing a smile to my face even as I am typing. It only got better when we moved into our very own apartment the following year. What big girls we were...and what a family we had become. We lived at the apartment on Mount Comfort for three years. I have experienced so much with these girls: joy, laughter, tears, firsts, birthdays, trips...oh I could go on and on. Jamie and I can rap the entire "Grillz" song...I'll never forget my first date with Reece...Donna called and said, "If you are having a good time say the word, octopus." so of course I said octopus in the middle of our date...how funny. I love these girls with all of my heart. I cherish the multitude of memories and I am very excited to see what the future has in store for all of us...no matter what these girls will always be my roomies. "Lizards for life. Love ya. bye."


No comments:

Post a Comment