Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Start spreadin' the news...















This post is about a month late...I've been quite the lazy blogger

In June, Mom and I went on a wonderful trip to NYC. She was honored as a Scholastic Art Teacher of the Year. The only one from the State, thank ya very much. She received a nice gold medal and took a bow on stage at Carnegie Hall.

Our week was filled with shows, art, eating, and shopping...all of our favorite things.

We saw 9 to 5, Guys and Dolls, In the Heights, and a ballet by American Ballet Theatre. I channelled my past life as a ballerina and couldn't help from posing a little...

Mom couldn't help herself either...

I may have had WAY too much fun at the Scholastic Book Store in SOHO. Of course I went on vacation and bought what else...but children's books and puppets. yikes! haha.One of the best parts of our trip was a question and answer session with up and coming fashion designer Zac Posen. He was a former Scholastic Art & Writing Award winner. We met him at the Museum of Art & Design...I was blown away by his genius, eloquent vocabulary, and passion for his field. It was a truly memorable experience.

What a great week!








No comments:

Post a Comment